East Office of Finnish Industries was founded in 2008 by 19 leading Finnish companies. We represent and support our companies’ interests with a high understanding and decades of experience in the eastern markets of Ukraine and the CIS. Currently, East Office consists of the largest Finnish 26 companies and 1 university, forming an exclusive and unique business community in Finland.
We are now looking for a Government Relations Director for Kyiv to strengthen our presence in Ukraine. You will represent and promote East Office in Ukraine and support our companies’ interests as they prepare for the reconstruction of the country. The expected starting date is 1.5.2023 at the latest, and the agreement is made for 2 years at a time.
- Monitor, follow and respond to the developments in the reconstruction process on behalf of the East Office companies
- Anticipate and Identify opportunities and future possibilities that may be of interest to the East Office companies.
- Develop, build, and maintain contacts with relevant governmental bodies, decision-makers and financing institutions, as well as the business community in Ukraine
- Market follow-up and regular reports in both oral and written form
- Close and systematic cooperation and updates with the Head Office and the CEO
- Other unspecified tasks
- Previous experience with similar tasks and responsibilities on a senior level, preferably related to governmental affairs
- Previous experience working with large western companies and/or experience in international trade
- Good existing networks and contacts in Ukraine (both public and private sectors), International contacts and connections to large financial institutions are considered a plus
- Higher university degree
- Ability to work independently and proven ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Ability to independently manage and prioritize work, while meeting key deadlines
- Excellent communication- and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both Ukrainian and English.
- Ukrainian citizen
If You are interested in working with us, please send your CV and cover letter to East Office CEO Lauri Veijalainen at email@example.com by 15.01.2023.